108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Very simple MS word usage question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Very simple MS word usage question

I want to know if there is a way to set differents page headers and page footer for a document in word. For example, the cover and the index should have no page footer or roman numbers (let's say about 15 pages), then start the normal numeration, also the start of a chapter should not have header or footer.

The worst thing is that I know how to do this with OpenOffice, but I cannot find it with Ms Office.

I need all in the same document to maintain the index current.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
4 REPLIES 4
Chandan Kumar_1
Honored Contributor

HI Ivan,

I do not think so it is possible to edit Headers and footer on individual pages.

You can go through the following web link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010267751033.aspx

All the best!
Chandan
Learn. Share. Inspire.
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor
Solution

Ivan:

Everyone you ever wanted to know about Microsoft Word Heders and Footers can be found here:

http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC010216611033

and Yes!, I believe you can do what you'd like to do with footers.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

Hi Ivan,
To be short, you have to make section in your pages. For Exampel, page 1-5 is the index and you want Roman numbers page 6 and above hase to have normal pagenumerbers beginning with one.

I have a Dutch word version, so I translate the options, so thay might not be the same, I think it is the same in word 2000 until 2003.
Now at the end of page 5 after the last line you wrote you have to put in a "section end mark"
Go into the menu "insert" and select the option "Section ends" Select the (In my version it is the most top option)
Then under "Type of section end" select New page.
Close the window hitting OK

Now when you go to Page headers and foothers in the "View" menu. Now you see that behind "Header text" the section you are in now is displayed (section 1 is the first 5 pages, section 2 the rest) With the buttons "Display next" and "Display Previous" you can can swith between sections. If you include page numbers see that you configure it right, that you do not take the text from previous setting etc.

Hope this gets you started.

have a nice day,

HTH, Ronald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

The solution is to use word as described above.

Thanks to all.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?