3669 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Video Driver Question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marty Weimer

Video Driver Question

I just bought a new a430n. It has a nforce2 chipset, amd cpu, and a nvidia geforce 4 mx 440 video card. My question is why is the intel extreme graphics driver installed on it (it already has the nvidia graphics driver)and why am i unable to unistall it in add/remove programs? I don't think anything in this computer has anything to do with intel.
11 REPLIES 11
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Video Driver Question

Hi,

first of all some general info here:
http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtml?reg=&plc=en&lc=de&cc=de&cat=prodinfo&prodId=hppavilion389932&docName=buh07165

I may assume, you run XP? Is there in the device manager in the section graphics adapter something with intel?

Michael
Marty Weimer

No, there is nothing in device manager that mentions Intel. I am running XP. There is no integrated video or anything that should require the Intel graphics driver.
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi Marty,

can you post the picture, that shows the intel driver?

Michael
Marty Weimer

Here is a screen shot of my add/remove programs window.
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

you say, you are unable to remove it. What happens if you try? Have you looked, what driver in the device manager is associated with the graphics card?

Michael
Marty Weimer

IF I PRESS THE REMOVE BUTTON NOTHING HAPPENS. I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING IN DEVICE MANAGER ASSOCIATED WITH THIS DRIVER.
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

so I would conclude: If you do not have any problem otherwise with the graphics card, ignore it. ;-)

Michael
Marty Weimer

OK, THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP. THE COMPUTER SEEMS TO BE A REAL GOOD PERFORMER. IT SCORED 1397 ON PC PITSTOP. DO YOU USE PC PITSTOP? IF SO HOW GOOD OF A SCORE IS THAT?
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

no problem. It is a pity, that you couldn't get it out of the add/programme list. Maybe you can look for it in the registry.
I have an old computer and I am not much into benchmarking anymore. ;-)

So, have fun. If you still have questions, come back!!

Michael

Points are allways gratefully accepted. ;-)