108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

View informix7.24 sqlex from MS access

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Johnson_5
Occasional Advisor

View informix7.24 sqlex from MS access

What do I need so that I can view an informix databse from a windows machine.

I know this a very genric question, but I am not sure where to begin.

4 REPLIES 4
Zafar A. Mohammed_1
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: View informix7.24 sqlex from MS access

If you want to connect Informix which is on UNIX from Windows then you just need Informix Connect and you can download free from this link:

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/preconfig.jsp?id=2002-12-05+15%3A21%3A41.933990C

If you want full development like ESQL/C and other, download this:
http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/preconfig.jsp?id=2003-03-18+12%3A39%3A34.356912C

Thanks
zafar
Zafar A. Mohammed_1
Trusted Contributor

After Installing the Informix Connect, check the attachement.

If you have any problem, let us know.

Thanks
Zafar
David Johnson_5
Occasional Advisor

Thank you, but I don't think that exactly what I need.
I have an HP9000 L-2000 server running HP-UX 11.0.
I have a data analyst that what to view only the data from Informix data base in a windows application such as MS Access.

If what you gave me is correct? I am sorry, but I didn't understand what to do with it.
Zafar A. Mohammed_1
Trusted Contributor

Your Data Analyst just want to access the Informix Data which is under UNIX Server, and he wants to view Informix(which stored into UNIX Server) into MS Access. If this correct then
Just download the Informix Connect for Windows Software from the above link into your Windows PC and then install. After installing the Informix Connect for Windows on your PC, you'll see Program
Start->Programs->Informix->Setnet

Its very simple to configure the Setnet32(See the attachment file)

Next to test the Informix connection from your PC,
Start->Programs->Informix->iLogin
In iLogin, File->Run
and just enter all the information (Check the attachement). Once you get the connection, it will display a simple screen; otherwise u'll get the errors.

Now,
Start->Settings->Control Panel->ODBC

Check the Attachement before proceeding further.

Now comes to MS Access.
Open any Access database.
Look into the Menu options for "External Data" or "Get Data". I don't remember correctly and @work I don't have it.
This will open from where you want to access the data and it will open the ODBC screen, just select the data source name which you have done into ODBC section(in the attachment), and it will display all the tables of that particular database, just unload those data into your access database and do whatever you want to do it.

If you have any difficulty, I also have some other simple method.

Thanks
Zafar