Operating System - Microsoft
1753720 Members
4951 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Vista fresh install on DV68xx

ericp_1

Vista fresh install on DV68xx

I just bought a new DV6810US laptop with Vista Home Premium. I got rid of the backup/restore partition before I made my own installation CDs. I partitioned my HD and made backups of the drivers with some 3rd party utilities. I'm planning on fresh-installing Vista Home Business (just because I got it for free). I have done this before (with win998 and winXP), but I always end up having to look for a few of the drivers. I don't want to loose functionality of some of the utilities that came up with my laptop (like QuickPlay and the scrolling feature on the touchpad).
Has anyone done something similar on a newer Vista machine? How was it to get all the drivers back and working?
Any suggestions?
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers and those who don't
1 REPLY 1
ericp_1

Re: Vista fresh install on DV68xx

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I just installed vista Business and I did not have any problem at all. HP stored all the necessary software on the C drive, so I just made a copy on one of my other partitions and I was able to restore everything I needed.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers and those who don't