New Discussion юеВ

Want to remove NO_HW ext_bus on HP-UX 11i

Sebastien Masson
Valued Contributor

Want to remove NO_HW ext_bus on HP-UX 11i

My ioscan command repport:

ext_bus 30 1/0/10/0/0.2.26.0.0 fcparray NO_HW INTERFACE FCP Array Interface
ext_bus 31 1/0/10/0/0.2.26.255.0 fcpdev NO_HW INTERFACE FCP Device Interface

How can I remove this two NO_HW line... I try with rmsf -H 1/0/10/0/0.2.26.0.0 and got this error or warning:

WARNING: The specified hardware path is BUS_NEXUS/INTERFACE type.
This will remove all the devices connected to it.
rmsf: Specified hardware path has no devices

This two ext_bus came from an old SAN storage I connect (or zone) for this server. Now I don't use it anymore so I just remove the zone.

I can't reboot the server because it's running a real critical application...

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

Re: Want to remove NO_HW ext_bus on HP-UX 11i

you can cleanup NO_HW entries only when you reboot ot plug in the hardware on that path.

Thanks
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Sebastien,
TG is correct. Reboot only. But if you do not want to reboot system right now do not be so concerned about these entries (as soon as you know that it's not a hardware problem). You can live with it, but problems may appear if another device will be connected at the same hardware path. To avoid it you did correctly removing device files. But I would remove these files before unplugging hardware
Eugeny
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

If the kernel parameter fcparray or fcpdev are no longer being used....., then remove it from the /stand/build/system file and rebuild the kernel. Verify no other instances of this kernel parameter with:

ioscan -fnkC ext_bus

Upon reboot fcparray and fcpdev will change to UNCLAIMED, (* or possibly disappear *) and rmsf should now work at this point. To verify the /stand/system file after reboot:

lsdev | grep -i fcparray

Failing this, remove the fiber channel adapter that it's connected to or reattach it to something else:

ioscan -fnkC fc

You???ll have to power down and physically remove the fc adapter for this, but this is extreme. Why do this?

Failing this, find it with the ls command:

ls /dev* | more

...and remove it with the rm command...

rm /dev...
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law