4560 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Web JetAdmin, RedHat and Netscape

Brian Taylor
Advisor

Web JetAdmin, RedHat and Netscape

Hey gang.

I have web JetAdmin running on a RedHat workstation with Netscape 7.1 on it. I keep getting an error that I need the plugin for 'application/x-java-vm'. I have Sun's Java Runtime 1.4.1 installed and I am betting that I just do not have the helper application configured correctly inside Netscape...but that is just my guess. Any hints on what I may be missing here?!?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Kodjo Agbenu
Honored Contributor

Re: Web JetAdmin, RedHat and Netscape

Hello,

May be you missed the java plugin. In your SUN jre package, search for the Java plugin and copy it into your netscape plugin directory (/usr/lib/netscape/plugins or /.netscape/plugins).

Restart netscape to take changes into account.

Good luck.

Kodjo
Learn and explain...
Martin P.J. Zinser
Honored Contributor

To check which Plugins are recognized use the
Help --> About plugins menu. This should produce a list of all installed plugins and the file types the serve.
Ragu_1
Regular Advisor

You have got JRE installed but your Java-aware applet is cribbing. The issue maybe that you do not have a link showing where your libjavaplugin_oji.so is ? Go inside the Netscape plug-in directory and create a symlink pointing to libjavaplugin_oji.so. Hth.
Share and share alike
Brian Taylor
Advisor

Hey gang...thanks much for the info, but I have the plug in installed everywhere possible and no go. Is the j2re1.4.2 the correct pluging for the Virtual Machine?
Just grasping here...

Thanks again!