Operating System - HP-UX
1748028 Members
4970 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Weblogic user sessions impacted by switch to MTS ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Lethuillier
Frequent Advisor

Weblogic user sessions impacted by switch to MTS ?

I'm asked to change the way server processes are handling the requests of user processes on an Oracle 10g instance.
At this time, server processes are dedicated. I have to turn them into shared servers.

Some users are getting connected through Weblogic JDBC driver.
Do I have to stop Weblogic before changing server connection mode and restarting Weblogic after ?
Il faut avoir la foi et non les foies - Il faut avoir la forme et non les formes - Il faut faire la paix et non des pets
3 REPLIES 3
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Weblogic user sessions impacted by switch to MTS ?

hi,

A few clarifications.

If you have a server which is running "top speed" with dedicated server -- going shared will only make it "slower".

We use Shared server when we need to get that extra connection.

Also, you can have a setup that caters for both Dedicated Servers and Shared server. All you will have to configure is two tns connect strings.

one with server=dedicated
one without.

The application will pick the connection type based on which TNSNAME used.

So as soon as you change the connection details, it will become effective immediately. So you might not need a restart.

good luck!
kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Lethuillier
Frequent Advisor

Hi Yogeeraj,

I agree my database needn't to be swicthed to MTS mode, but I have to implement dictation.

Thank your answer.
Il faut avoir la foi et non les foies - Il faut avoir la forme et non les formes - Il faut faire la paix et non des pets
Lethuillier
Frequent Advisor

Thx