Operating System - VMware
1753767 Members
6009 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Which HP Certifications are best for IT Infrastructure department

yogi9

Which HP Certifications are best for IT Infrastructure department

I've recently finished my Graduation in Computer Science Engineering. I'd like to join HP Infrastructure department by completing few certifications..

I collected details and sorted out that the following certifications would help-

1. HP Linux
2. HP VMware certification
3. HP Proliant blade certication

Please let me know if am on the right path.. and also if its the best path to undertake in becoming expert in IT infrastructure department.
Thanx.
2 REPLIES 2
Kapil Jha
Honored Contributor

1. HP Linux
>>> based on OS admin so you will be able to handle OS issue in IT infra.
2. HP VMware certification
>>> It helps in virtualization ,world is moving towards virtualozation so this would be an added advantage but you should know other things around the world as well.
3. HP Proliant blade certication
>>> This is based on hardware, if you wane go in hardware line.

>>>ts the best path to undertake in becoming expert in IT infrastructure department.

there is no best path for anything its all you chance of getting first job (if u don have option) and your interest in the technology.
to be successful in IT infrastructure you should have knowledge/understanding on various OS(UNIX,LINUX), various products, virtualization/clustering/volume manager etc
you should know storage,network etc.

All the Best for your career :)

BR,
Kapil+
I am in this small bowl, I wane see the real world......
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

A diversified portfolio is always better than a single investment...

That being said, HP does not offer any Linux or VMware based certifications. HP, for the most part, is a hardware company and the majority of their certifications are hardware based. I.E. - Proliant, BladeSystem, StorageWorks, Procurve, etc.

There are some software based certifications specific to HP-UX and Open VMS (well, maybe not OVMS anymore, but there was).

Most of the technical Certifications HP offers come in varying levels of expertise. The entry level certifications, usually denoted as "AIS" have only a few prerequisites. The more advanced certifications, denoted as "ASE" level are the ones you probably want to "shoot" for, though most of them require that you are an AIS in the subject matter at hand.

Most of the entry level certifications require that you have a certification in one other Operating System, like a MCSA, or RHCT... The ASE level certs require MCSE, RHCE, etc.

So, it is not just HP you need to look at and/or be proficient with.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)