Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the best email web access program for hp-ux 11.00 ?

Kenneth_61
Frequent Advisor

Which is the best email web access program for hp-ux 11.00 ?

All, I am running hp-unix 11.00. I hope to add a web accesss program into the box. So, I can read email by web in Cafe anywhere. What is the best free software ?

ref:=======================================
BIND-920 B.11.00.01.003 BIND 9.2.0
BUNDLE B.11.00 Patch Bundle
HPUXEng32RT B.11.00.01 English HP-UX 32-bit Runtime Envi
ronment
Sendmail-811 B.11.00.01.005 Sendmail-8.11.1 special release u
pgrade
UXCoreMedia B.11.00.01 HP-UX Media Kit (Reference Only.
See Description)
XSWGR1100 B.11.00.47.08 General Release Patches, November
1999 (ACE)
hpuxwsApache A.2.0.52.00 HP-UX Apache-based Web Server
hpuxwsTomcat A.4.1.29.04 HP-UX Tomcat-based Servlet Engine

hpuxwsWebmin A.1.070.02 HP-UX Webmin-based Admin
4 REPLIES
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Re: Which is the best email web access program for hp-ux 11.00 ?

Any browser will allow this functionality but if I am reading the question right, I believe you will need a connection capability first so you can connect to the network where the emails are stored.

This connection can be via modem, VPN, etc...
Kenneth_61
Frequent Advisor

May be I describe more clear. I have a pop3 server setup by true IP. I can read email by POP3 anywhere. I had setup a Apache in their as well. I can view the web page. But, I cannot read the email and reply by web. So, I hope to have email Web-Access method like MSexchange server.
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Mozilla will allow you to access POP3 email accounts.

Netscape will as well.

Both of these browsers come with the HPUX distribution or you can download. They are no-cost browsers.
Geoff Wild
Honored Contributor

If you are looking for a webmail module to plug into apache, then the one I use is:

http://www.courier-mta.org/sqwebmail/

You have to convert to Maildirs format from mbox.

Rgds...Geoff
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.