108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Who else is heading to LA...HPWORLD

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Rita,

Just a reminder - it's an evening reception, not a luncheon:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x6d288f960573d611abdb0090277a778c,00.html

From that thread, I think Harry is going to try to attend to. I'm looking forward to meeting any and all of my fellow forumers.

On to L.A.

Pete

Pete
Krishna Prasad
Trusted Contributor

I can't go....the budget cut thing....

Plus - LA is just an ugly place.

I know HP wants a city big enough to host the event, but they seem to also pick big dirty nasty would never wan't to go even if someone paid me kind of places.
Positive Results requires Positive Thinking
John Payne_2
Honored Contributor

LA's not that bad....

You just have to stay in the right neighborhoods. I lived down there for 2 years.

John
Spoon!!!!
Michael Lampi
Trusted Contributor

LA's not all that bad---just don't breathe the air too deeply. (hack) (hack) After living there for 12 years and now living in a place where my lungs don't hurt when I breathe.

No, it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it. Budget cuts and all make it tough to justify.

I wish you the best!

Hey - is that really cool Moroccan restaurant still there on Sunset Blvd? The one where you sit or lounge on big pillows, eat with your hands, and drink hot mint tea poured from four feet above your glass? :-)
A journey of 1000 steps ends in a mile.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

I was just reading on CNN.com that the rats are invading Beverly Hills (among ohter places) because the drought is forcing them out of their usual hiding places. Something else to look forward to besides smog, gang wars, race riots and police beatings. I can hardly wait.

"Off to the left coast, where folks is like a bowl of granola: what ain't nuts and flakes is fruits."

;^)

Pete

Pete
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Well folks I come from Cleveland. I've been mugged, lived through riots, had dogs let loose on me, had a gun pointed at my face.....I figure LA is just Cleveland with a better tan and longer shore line.

Look out LA....This lady is heading your way !!

HPWorld or Bust !
Rita
Lisa  Mauer
Regular Advisor

Rita - I'm from Iowa, so as I read your last comment on this post - I think I'll stick by you HA HA
;)
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

sorry can't make it.. I was in California for the last few weeks, but couldn't stretch it unless I took holidays..

Anyway, take lots of photos and send us a postcard!

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Chris Wilshaw
Honored Contributor

Certainly can't make it on a company trip - budgets, just the same as everyone else. How much easier would our lives be without having to deal with accountants?

I'd consider selling my soul to make it privately, but as with most sys admins, I've already sold it to the job.

Wonder how far I could get hitch hiking.....