1752752 Members
5120 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Win XP istallation problem in HP 520 Laptop

shekhar17
Occasional Contributor

Win XP istallation problem in HP 520 Laptop

I have purchase recently HP 520 laptop with pre loaded Win Vista Business. But my GIS software not working with Win Vista.

Then I have purchase Win XP Pro license & trying to install but all time show a massage HDD not fond, but when I am trying boot with win 98 bootable it shows 120 GB HDD.

Please give me solution for this problem.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
marcotizer

if you didn't know yet...
you can press f10 on boot...
then go to the system configuration tab...
theres two selections...
Sata HDD something, by default its disable...
enable it...
theres another selection, one below the core duo selection, choose the other selection... then save, you should be able to boot xp now..
Richard.Brown
Regular Advisor

As above, its most likely a SATA issue - enable it in the BIOS.
Nishan Bandara
Advisor

One of my friend also face the same problem, but for him it worked in other way around.

His setting was in Enable mode and he resolved the problem by disabling the SATA.
i think this issue depends on your HDD model (SATA or IDE)
better to try both options if it's not work by disabling it.
adityasarpal

Hello, i am using hp 520 since while ago and i am tired of its slow speed and vista. Please let me know my idea of win XP running on hp520 machine configuration will make my machine performance faster: "Is this idea correct or not" ?

Secondly, I tried downloading the drivers of XP and do all the stuff, but couldn't achieve my target of replacing vista with XP. Can someone spare some time and let me know the detailed procedure?
I would really appreciate any concern shown.