1751710 Members
5073 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Windows 2000 and HP 722C

Oliver W. Conway

Windows 2000 and HP 722C

Where can I find a copy of the
software drivers for a HP 722c?? My wife bought the printer (open box) from a store that went out of business. All the necessary parts were in the box except
for the installation CD. I've
looked all over the web, but
have found nada. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
JB_15
Advisor

Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

You shouldn't need a disk. Win2000 knows about the 722C so if it doesn't discover it when you plug it up (using your new IEEE1284 compliant cable and not the old one from your old dot matrix printer) you can do start/settings/printers/add printer and choose from the list.

If you have problems check the CMOS setup to make sure it's using ECP for the parallel port.

Ron
Oliver W. Conway

JB - That site offers only a support agreement for W2K.

Ron - What you point out is true, but why doesn't it has
a true driver in the WINNT system or system32 folder. This printer is attached to a NT 4.0 workstation. On a intranet at home. I want to be able to allow my wife to use it. The printer is downstairs and my wife's client is in the den one floor up. I can see all
of her shared printers in the
den and attach to them. I was
trying to setup a network connection for her. She has an HP 520 and a Psc500 connected to her system. I print to them all the time. Why I can't get this 722c to attach to my WinPro 2000 client without a printer drive is beyond me.

Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

I remember reading something about the 722C being a new design that does not work like the traditional printers.
Seems there was a trick to making it work remotely like you need. If I remember correctly what you need to do is install the 722C as a local printer then redirect it to the network.

However, this link may solve your problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q311985

It seems to be very popular so you may have to try it several times before you get through but the link will eventually work.

Ron