1748150 Members
3650 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Windows XP

COURTNEY RUSHING
Occasional Contributor

Windows XP

What excel program do I need on my computer.
Thnaks
Courtney
6 REPLIES 6
Paul Sperry
Honored Contributor

Re: Windows XP

XP will run just about any version of excel.
But if you don't have excel and need to buy it you might as well get the XP version.
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Office XP or Office 2003 will work very well on Windows XP.

Office 2003 may be the easier to find because it's the current Office release.

Either way, they're both kind of pricey.. If you know a student (or are one) you can try to get a copy from your local University bookstore for about half the price.

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Kim Torkelson
Respected Contributor

Courtney:
An inexpensive alternative that you may want to investigate is StarOffice. It's compatible with Microsoft Office, so document sharing shouldn't be a problem. I tried it out a few years ago, and thought it was OK. It is a whole suite of productivity software, which includes word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, drawing, and database capabilities. According to their website, the MSRP is $79.95. Check it out for yourself if you're interested:

http://wwws.sun.com/software/star/staroffice/
HTH
~kim
Paul Slijkhuis
Valued Contributor

hi,

A free Microsoft Office like program is OpenOffice. Eays to use and free to install, no adds or anything like that. Contains a spreadsheat, wordprocessor, presentation and more Office-like functionality.

http://www.openoffice.org

HTH
Paul
IT Architect, contractor
Mic V.
Esteemed Contributor

By the way, educational versions are not supposed to be used for commercial applications. :)

OpenOffice should let you edit an Excel document and it was free when last I checked.

Mic
What kind of a name is 'Wolverine'?
Nagendra Upadhya
Frequent Advisor

Preferable use Office XP this has ammazing features that helps you in creating appleting, voice sensoring, very helpful understandable features. If I would be you I would prefer Office XP.(this is a bit slow compared to Office 2000)

You can also use Office 2000 for fast proccessing of data but it is slow compared to office 97

For very fast data processing and computing purposes use Office 97