Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work with Open LDAP

Jürgen Münker
Occasional Contributor

Work with Open LDAP

Hello,

i 've got a question belonging to Open LDAP.
In an Organizational Unit are various objects (people). For A Report (for my partner) I want to print on white paper some of all the people.
How can I mark all the people I need for the Report? How can I print expecially that people for my partner?

Thanks a lot!
1 REPLY
Mike Hassell
Respected Contributor

Re: Work with Open LDAP

Jurgen,

There are a number of ways you can query the OU that contain the people that you're after. Here's a tool that I use on windows to browse the ldap tree and export items:

http://ldaptool.sourceforge.net/

Just point the above tool to your OpenLDAP server and you're set.

You may also want to look into using the 'ldapsearch' command... i think? but I find the syntax to be too confusing myself :-)

Hope that helps.

-Mike
The network is the computer, yeah I stole it from Sun, so what?