XDM for T5525 or T5125 from SLES

SOLVED
Go to solution
Trevor Roddam_1
Valued Contributor

XDM for T5525 or T5125 from SLES

Hello.

Just wondering if anyone has done this?
According to the docco these thin clients will support this feature but I can not get a firm responce. All HP resources are focused on the "MS Windows/Citrix" configurations.

My current thoughts are using SLES 9/10 with T5525 for a 10 - 25 user site.
Running Open Office, EMail etc from the server and a telnet to an application server for ERP on SLES as well.

Looks great on paper, especially the cost of licensing. Support for the apps an OS are not an issue, only the thin client.

Yes, we want to be an ALL hp shop.
Baldric, I have a plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasle.
4 REPLIES 4
David Kirk_2
Advisor
Solution

Re: XDM for T5525 or T5125 from SLES

Trevor,

I haven't tried changing anything on my T5525 terminals. I'm using LTSP. The terminals boot with PXE, download a kernel from the server and mount the root filesystem with NFS. It starts an X server and then uses the GDM from the server. All applications are run on the server and displayed on the terminal.

It works nicely for me.

--
Later

David Kirk
Trevor Roddam_1
Valued Contributor

David.

Thanks for the info.
Have you tried using the firmware on the T5525 rather than loading a specific Kernel/Image?

I'm going to be leaving this for people not necessarily used to UNIX.

Thanks Again.
Baldric, I have a plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasle.
David Kirk_2
Advisor

Trevor,

Sorry, no I haven't.

--
Later

David Kirk
Trevor Roddam_1
Valued Contributor

Thanks. At least this is a fall back.

Trevor.