108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: XSTM reports disk write errors?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Byron Myers
Trusted Contributor

XSTM reports disk write errors?

HP L2000 with ST318275LC (17 GB) disk in Jamaica. XSTM shows this disk has 2 write errors. Is this disk bad? going bad? Should I replace the disk? I see no other system errors - nothing in syslog, no complaints from applications, etc.
If you can focus your eyes far and straight enough ahead of yourself, you can see the back of your head.
4 REPLIES 4
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Byron,

If there are write errors on the disk, it would be better to replace it.

Hope this helps.

Regds
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The best option is to replace the disk, when it reports any type of hardware errors. However, if you need, run all disk utilities available in stm and check out the logs. Making a good backup of the specific disk is always better. If you decide to keep the disk, you may end up in big issues.

HTH,
Shiju
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
Andreas D. Skjervold
Honored Contributor

Hi

Had a issue where I got errors in STM from connecting disk when server was up and running (hotswap) . Make sure this wasn't the case.

But the best thing is to order a replacement and copy the disk when you have the chance.

Andreas
Only by ignoring what everyone think is important, can you be aware of what everyone ignores!
Byron Myers
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the responses, I have replaced the disk.
If you can focus your eyes far and straight enough ahead of yourself, you can see the back of your head.