Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XW8600 Redhat İnstallation problem with SATA driver.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fatih TALI
Occasional Visitor

XW8600 Redhat İnstallation problem with SATA driver.

Hello.
We have received XW8600. I have to install Redhat 4 or 5. During the installation setup saying no harddrive or harddisk. Redhat dont know LSI sas1068 controller. I check driver inside of HP website. there is not driver for redhat. only for vista and xp.

I found driver in LSI webpage. But it is 3Mb. I can't copy with flopy.

How I can install?
Please help me.
15 000$ is sleeping now.
4 REPLIES
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Re: XW8600 Redhat İnstallation problem with SATA driver.

u should raise a call to HP support for this.
U said u cant copy it using floppy? dont u have usb?
Fatih TALI
Occasional Visitor

I asked hp they are helping linux.(Turkeys's office)

Yesterday night I have installed Fedore 8 also CentOS there is no problem. It is seeing hard drive.

Maybe I have to install RedHat5 but I havent got license. I have to found trial Redhat5.
Fatih TALI
Occasional Visitor

I tried to install "linux dd" parameter. It asked drive sda hda... I showed LSI driver it couldn't accept. :(
Change_happens
Honored Contributor
Solution

yes. true it wont accept. just check with RHEL5 i m sure it has got this driver.