108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

aC++ license agreement

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alexey Roytman
Frequent Advisor

aC++ license agreement

As a DSPP member, our company downloaded and used aC++ compiler for 11i (aCC: HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.80).
But I don't remember whenever I've seen a license agreement somewhere, and now I'm asked for one. I've searched the HP/DSPP/ITRC site without success. Can anyone point me to the license agreement text?
11 REPLIES 11
Alexey Roytman
Frequent Advisor

Re: aC++ license agreement

P.S. Once we've bought a license for an older compiler (HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.13). But the issue with the license text is the same: I cannot find it.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

What text are you looking for?
If you are a DSPP company member, you can download the aC++ compiler for free.
Michael Mike Reaser
Valued Contributor

Dennis, I presume Alexey is going thru an audit where proof must be provided that all software on the system is "legal". Yes, the DSPP allows pretty much everything to be obtained, but I got the impression that Alexey needs to show that the software was obtained in an above-board manner.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

HP-Server-Literate since 1979
Alexey Roytman
Frequent Advisor

Dennis,
Michael is right.
I suppose there is a *legal* document that states that I can use the compiler freely if I'm DSPP member. The simple "DSPP member can download it free" is not the thing I'm looking for.

I've already have a legal document about our DSPP membership.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Michael: I presume Alexey is going thru an audit where proof must be provided that all software on the system is "legal".

>Alexey: I suppose there is a *legal* document that states that I can use the compiler freely if I'm DSPP member.

All I see is on the download page:
HP C/aC++ compiler for HP-UX (free download for partners)
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/menuitem.863c3e4cbcdc3f3515b49c108973a801/?ciid=8508078442f02110078442f02110275d6e10RCRD
Alexey Roytman
Frequent Advisor

Dennis,
I've seen the page before; it does not state that I have whatsoever right to sell commercial binaries built with this compiler, for example. Or which parts of the package can be redistributed by me freely.

Michael stated well: it's for audit. So, I need a document that is OK for a layer, not for developer.

Alexey,

There is at least some comment on what you may distribute and the terms for that here:

http://docs.hp.com/en/11920/HP%20aC++%20Online%20Programmer's%20Guide/distributing.htm

although whether that is in suffiicently "legal" (read incomprehensible to ordinary folk) language for your auditors I'm not sure...

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Solution

Also Alexey, if you go here:

http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=B9007AA

and click on the link to purchase, you will find a link to the standard HP software license Ts & Cs at the bottom of the page...

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Alexey Roytman
Frequent Advisor

Duncan,
it seems to be the license we need.

The one potential problem that can appear is whether it's applicable for the software we bought previously (not as DSPP member), and for the software we later obtained freely as DSPP member.