Operating System - HP-UX
1752793 Members
6612 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

about libl.1 on hpux 11.00

Ryan Esty

about libl.1 on hpux 11.00

We have a hpux station running 11.00 but we get a shared library error on libl.1 when I do a dd -d I get the following:
/usr/lib/libc.1 => /usr/lib/libc.1
/usr/lib/libdld.1 => /usr/lib/libdld.1
/usr/lib/libl.1 => /usr/lib/libl.1
symbol not found: yytextuc (/usr/lib/libl.1)
symbol not found: yylenguc (/usr/lib/libl.1)
symbol not found: yytextarr (/usr/lib/libl.1)

We also have an old 10.20 that we are trying to migrate from and this works fine there. When we run strings on the library from both we can see the names in each library but the one on 10.20 has each variable once the one on 11.00 has the variable names twice. Hopefully someone might be able to point us to a patch of some sort.
3 REPLIES 3
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Re: about libl.1 on hpux 11.00

Hi,

I think this question will help.

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x11840559ff7cd4118fef0090279cd0f9,00.html

Kind regards,

Robert-Jan.
Ryan Esty

Sorry it took me so long to get back I was thrown on another fire. I gave the nm command a try to track down what is going on. When I look for yytext i get undef|data for both old and new machine (which from the discussion tells me that they are used in that library but not defined at least I think).

The only big difference is that I see yytextuc as a common type in the bss segment of libl.1 on the old machine.

When I do a search everywhere on the machines I find that yytext is always scope undef and the type is data. On the new machine I find something in the BSS segment but it is only on an opengl chess demo in the regular libs yytext is undef on scope and data as a type just like the old machine.

I was hoping that there was some sort of patch for the libraries to make the old and new machine compatible but this is even weirder because both libraries look like yytext is not defined just used except in that opengl example.
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Maybe one of the other forum members has a clue.

Robert-Jan.