1752785 Members
6124 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

backup script wierdness after database migration

Dave Chamberlin
Trusted Contributor

backup script wierdness after database migration

I recently migrated our production database from 7.3.4 to 8i. We are still running Oracle Applications 10.7SC. We have always done a cold backup (using omniback) on sunday mornings. A script (dbappshut.sh) is called and stops concurrent managers then shuts down the database. After the backup completes, another script (dbappstart.sh) starts everything up again. The logs in omniback show the scripts as running successfully. The problem is that concurrent jobs error out after the restart, giving REP-0001 errors - which according to Metalink are caused by not starting the managers as the APPLMGR user. the scripts with managers ARE run as the APPLMGE user - which I verified since each script does an (id) and (env) command to a log file. When I bounce the managers, the errors go away. It seems that there is an environment variable that was set correctly when we had the 7.3.4 database, but is now not correct in the server partitioned environment (I am wondering about ORA_NLS33??). Has anyone else had problems in this scenario? Any suggestions?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Dave Chamberlin
Trusted Contributor

Re: backup script wierdness after database migration

One - more item - I have attached a copy of the script outputs (the id and env outputs).
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi,
It could be related to an environment variable as you said.

I have checked your attachment and the variable ORA_NLS33=/u01/oracle/8.1.7/ocommon/nls/admin/datat seems to be set correctly. The only difference is in oracle 7.3.4 you would have ORA_NLS32 = $ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data and oracle 8 you would have ORA_NLS33 = $ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data.

I was thinking of another variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH.Can you set this to LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include $ORACLE_HOME/lib and see if it fixes. Because if this variable is not defined, then the dynamic linker cannot locate any shared libraries and Oracle Application Object Library 10.7 will give errors when running any concurrent request.

Never give up, Keep Trying
Dave Chamberlin
Trusted Contributor

I ended up setting the ORA_NLS33 parameter in the script that starts the concurrent managers. This works - though several other things broke (due to NLS_LANG not being also set). Thnks