108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: basic .cdimage question

SOLVED
Go to solution
ronlevyca
Frequent Advisor

basic .cdimage question

I am trying to install HP Operations Manager 8 on pa-risc 11.23 (and then I'll have to patch it current). I saw that I didn't have the current CD (I only had the Itanium version) so I tried to download it. I ended up with B9357-10113.iso and B7490-15283.cdimage.

From my other CDs it looks like B7490-15283.cdimage is the right one, but what is a '.cdimage' file and how do I either read it or burn it to a CD or DVD?

Thanks,
-Ron Levy
4 REPLIES 4
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Solution

A cdimage file is equivalent to an iso file. You should still be able to use Nero or any other cd/dvd burning utility to burn that image to a cd/dvd.
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

The B7490-15283.cdimage is a large single file that must be copied as is onto a CD-ROM.

The *.cdimage is neither a collection of data files (compressed or decompressed) nor an executable file (binary). In effect, you need to copy it onto a CD-ROM.

Whereas, ISO file is an exact image of the files and directory structures, and it requires an image writer correctly write the contents to disc.
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

I found a link with some more useful information.

http://docs.hp.com/en/diag/ode/pa_ode_over.htm

Although the above link speaks of a different CD image, I guess you can use the steps all the same..

Good luck!

PS. Look under the section "Creating a Data CD using Nero 6.0"
ronlevyca
Frequent Advisor

I just had to rename it to a .iso file and then get a CD burning program capable of burning .iso files and use it. Thanks!