108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

can't open shared library error with Oracle svrmgrl

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ira Schmidt
Occasional Contributor

can't open shared library error with Oracle svrmgrl

I received the following error when trying to run Oracel svrmgrl after upgrade of HP UX 10.20 to 11.00.

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library: /u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/lib/li
bobk.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library: /u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/lib/li
bobk.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact

I did a cold install of HP UX 11.00 and restored the Oracle home directory from backup after the upgrade.

3 REPLIES 3
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: can't open shared library error with Oracle svrmgrl

If you upgrade HP-UX from 10.20 to 11 you really should reinstall Oracle - or at a minimum relink it. Oracle make different versions for 10.20 and 11. We tried upgrading from 10.20 to 11/64bit without reinstalling oracle, had to relink it though and it ran ok for a bit, but we started having problems so installed the new Oracle 64bit version for 11 and problems went away.
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
R. Allan Hicks
Trusted Contributor

I have had _a lot_ of trouble with Oracle and shared libraries ranging from your lib not found error to plain old core dumps. Most of my problems were solved (as Stefan has already pointed out) by re-linking. You can go back through the installer or if you want to try to do it on your own, go to the lib directories under the each product in $ORACLE_HOME. The make files are located there in the form ins_product.mk. Examine them before you use them, but most of the time it works out to be:

like for SQL*PLUS

make -f ins_plsql.mk install

-good luck
"Only he who attempts the absurd is capable of achieving the impossible
Ed Ulfers
Frequent Advisor

I remember from my Omniback intergrations adding to the Oracle make files for access to the Omniback api's.
It sounds like the new HP-UX install has Oracle looking for these omniback components which are not there or elsewhere.
If you have omniback, I suggest you look at re-integrating oracle with that product.

Check your swlist prior to upgrade to see if it was installed. It may be as easy as reimplementing Oracle with Omniback.

-- Ed Ulfers
Put a smile on your users face, offer them a kiss (Hershey's Kiss).