1752777 Members
5867 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: cdrom not detect

alex_278
Occasional Contributor

cdrom not detect

i try to install linux red hat9 on Compaq P2500 tipe 2543AP, but my cdrom cannot mount..
6 REPLIES 6
Shaikh Imran
Honored Contributor

Hi,
How are you trying to install it.
Is it a new installation or do you also have any other O.S along with it.
If its a new installation just change from the bios to boot from the cd,insert the red hat installation cd and it will boot from the cdrom ans start the installation.
If you already have an o.s. say windows then you will have to boot in dos and go to the cdrom drive and start the setup for that you should have cdrom drive's driver for dos.

Regards
I'll sleep when i am dead.
Jeroen Peereboom
Honored Contributor

Check Gianluca's answer in http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=209171

You need a special floppy installation disk which contains a 'patched' installation kernel.

JP.
alex_278
Occasional Contributor

I'm sorry before, I mean my linux's install successfull and thank's 4 u repons. This continue my question before about 'My cdrom can't mount/detect' (I use Compaq Presario P2500 with Ieee1394, Pcmcia and IR device). I use ntsysv to disable 'kudzu' service to avoid linux detect my ieee1394 device, cause every linux detect it made sistem hang. I've login and try to mount my cdrom but can't (on shell and xwindows). For add info, my drive A device work properly (can be mount).
Bruce Copeland
Trusted Contributor

Alex,

My guess is that the cdrom problem has nothing to do with turning off kudzu. I assume your 2543AP has a CD-RW drive. If so, make certain that the boot parameter hdc=ide-scsi appears in grub or lilo (whichever you are using as your boot manager). For example my kernel line in /boot/grub/grub.conf reads:

kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.23 ro root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi resume2=swap:/dev/hda8

Bruce
alex_278
Occasional Contributor

I'm sorry before, I mean my linux's install successfull and thank's 4 u repons. This continue my question before about 'My cdrom can't mount' (I use Compaq Presario P2500 with Ieee1394, Pcmcia and IR device). I use ntsysv to disable 'kudzu' service to avoid linux detect my ieee1394 device, cause every linux detect it made sistem hang. I've login and try to mount my cdrom but can't (on shell and xwindows). For add info, my drive A device work properly (can be mount).
alex_278
Occasional Contributor

First I disable kudzu service but it make my cdrom can't work then I rename driver directory at /lib/modules/kernel/drivers/ieee1394 be /lib/modules/kernel/drivers/wieee1394 cause linux can't find driver and skip it