108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

__cf_sprintf missing in system libs on TRU64 4.0F

SOLVED
Go to solution
Torsten Rothacker

__cf_sprintf missing in system libs on TRU64 4.0F

Hello,

IHAC who uses DEC Alpha DS20E systems with OS TRU64 4.0F. An update of the OS to version 5 is not planned.

During integration of an SAP library (librfc.a) for remote function calls to a SAP R/3 system the linker process of the cxx compiler on the DS20E gives the message that __cf_sprintf, __cf_fprintf and __cf_printf cannot be resolved.

In an internet research (ref. http://www.blacksheepnetworks.com/security/resources/tru64/0665.html) I found out that those functions would be available in libc.a for TRU64 5.x, only.

My question is now. Does anybody in this forum know, if these missing functions might be available in an updated system library for 4.0F or are they only available in the 5.x libraries ? Has anybody solved a similar issue and can give me some solution hints ?

Parallel to this my customer checks, if the SAP library is available for 4.0F but my customer has concerns that an older rfc-library won't work with its actual R/3 release.

Regards,

Torsten Rothacker
2 REPLIES 2
Johan Brusche
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: __cf_sprintf missing in system libs on TRU64 4.0F

Torsten,

I checked libc.a from the latest V4.0F patchkit(#8=BL22), and the __cf_ routines are not in there either.
You can check for yourself with the help of:

odump -t /usr/ccs/lib/libc.a |grep printf | grep __

When issued on a V5 system above command shows the __cf_ routines.
Sorry, I can't bring you better news,

Johan.

_JB_
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Re: __cf_sprintf missing in system libs on TRU64 4.0F

It is important if SAP supports the chosen release with 4.0f and not if it is still running ;-)

So ask SAP what kind of software combination is still supported.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }