2945 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: checking disk path

Ronald Y. Salem
Advisor

checking disk path

Hi All,
I am new in Linux and recently I added new LUNs to Linux machine from EVA4000 SAN.

Can you pls let me know how to check the path of the disks (if it's dual path) presented from linux machine? What's the command to do it?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

You can use lssd, fdisk -l and ensure that you have a multipath enabled driver for your HBA.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

You can install lsscsi. And then issue the command

# lsscsi -g --transport

You should see duplicate wwn's for the luns. Then if you need want to do mulitpathing you can install dm-multipath.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Ronald Y. Salem
Advisor

Hi Evan,
May I know how to check if multi path is enable? I am really new with Linux.

I try to execute the command sbin/fdisk -l but nothing been displayed. Thanks.
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

You should install dm-multipath. Here is a brief overview:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/browse/4.6/DM_Multipath/MPIO_description.html
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

do you use any path management s/w like power path/secure path?

Powermt display dev=all might help to list all LUNs with paths including the new one