1751738 Members
5917 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

could not delete e mail to trash

Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

could not delete e mail to trash

I tried to delete an e mail, but the program does not allow it. See attachment.
I did empty the trash to no avail.
The e mail was scanned and free of any nasties.
I ran the ad-aware, spybot and virus scanner, but it still did not want to remove this e mail after the scans and restart. Any suggestion to fix this is welcome
c'est la guerre
5 REPLIES 5
Glenn S. Davidson
Trusted Contributor

Re: could not delete e mail to trash

I don't know what apps you are using but the error states you don't have permissions to use the trash folder. Can you tell me what front end app you are using and what back end app you are connecting to?
Conformity Destroys a mans initiative and independence. It supresses his powerful inner drive to do his own thing.
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Hi Glenn, I am not sure what you mean with Apps, (Applications)
Iam totally computer illiterate.
As I wrote in the post, I have no problem with any of the other e mails, I can delete one, go to this nasty one and it does not work with that one. yet next I can delete the following e mail without any problem. Then going back to the nasty one I get the same window pop up
c'est la guerre
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

While I did empty the trash, I still needed to compact the folders to make it work. The two emails in question were loaded with pictures and probably to big to be deleted even with the trash folder empty. I still like to know why it did not work after I had the trash box already emptied
c'est la guerre
John Sutherland_1
Valued Contributor

check -tools message rules.
Did you try to set up a folder?
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Hi John, I do not know why, but after compressing the folder it fixed the problem (in netscape) even while the trash box was empty.
c'est la guerre