5865 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

cpqhealth support for ML370 on SuSE 7.3

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

cpqhealth support for ML370 on SuSE 7.3

Hello,

how can I install the cpqhealth driver on SuSE 7.3 for a proliant ML370 ?
I only find versions for 7.0 and 7.2.
If only the fan would me (almost) silent.....
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: cpqhealth support for ML370 on SuSE 7.3

Due to the lots of responds I did NOT get, I still ask what is for SuSE 7.3 and what for SuSE 8.0 ?

Has CPQ any interest in linux at all ???
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

this is no help to you but ........i feel your pain......cpq should put more time and interest into linux.......
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Unfortunatly, suse is only supported up to version 7.2 as per ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/os-support-matrix-310.pdf
This health and wellness driver is kernel specific for the default version of the kernel for the distribution, but they did release a new version for Redhat which is not kernel specific and can be downloaded from http://www.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/download/14899.html
Although this is not supported, I would still try to install it, and you will need to have the kernel-source and kernel-headers for the kernel version that you have. This is not guaranteed to work and we don't have suse 7.3 or 8.0 to try it on, but if there's any way at all you could get it working it would be with the previous file.
For more information please call 1-800-652-6672
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

That's realy a funny answer.

1. It takes 3 months to get any sign of life from CPQ, so it seems that linux is only supported if we have time.
2. For more infos call a number is the US, very helpfull for customers, is this the idea behind the webforums ?

Anyway, I will look into the solution you proposed.

Thanks.

Andr?