Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cpuinfo: flags meant

Francesco Sarno
Frequent Advisor

cpuinfo: flags meant

Hi all,
have you same references about cpuinfo and the meant of flags?

thks, F.
4 REPLIES
Huc_1
Honored Contributor

Re: cpuinfo: flags meant

Good question that ?!

Why dont you post the /proc/cpuinfo from the system you are inquiring for with the entry's that are a problem, and perhaps reply's here can try and answer them all!, this way we can help you out and learn in the process, I for one do not know what they all stand for, but am willing to try and dig them out.

Jean-Pierre
Smile I will feel the difference
Huc_1
Honored Contributor

Here is already some explaination
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/pdf/BogoMips.pdf

I have already shopped around and found the above also it seem's that there is no doc lying around for cpuinfo.

Jean-Pierre
Smile I will feel the difference
Bojan Nemec
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If you have kernel sources, you can look at arch/i386/kernel/setup.c and include/asm-i386/cpufeature.h. In the last there are some comments abbout the meaning of each flag.

Bojan
Francesco Sarno
Frequent Advisor

I'd want to known the meant of : cid e pbe flag in /proc/cpuinfo of Fedora.
I have redhat8.0a(on hp proliant dl380) e this flag there aren't (i have seen in my .../include/asm/cpufesture.h)

Thanks a lot,F.