Hi !

Can i data transfer from 10g to 9i if how

Export the data by exp from 10g and import buy imp in 9i
7 REPLIES 7
Srimalik
Valued Contributor

Re: data Transfer from 10g to 9i

Exp and emp should(will) work.

If the 10g dump file format has changed and imp of 9i do not know the format than there will be a problem.

abandon all hope, ye who enter here..
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Why ask in an HPUX focussed forum?
This is 100% an Oracle question.
Ask Oracle! Or ask in an Oracle focussed forum.

fwiw,
Hein.
Srimalik
Valued Contributor

Hein,

I think this is a forum for all the database(installed on HPUX) related queries.

And such posts are allowed to be posted on this forum. else I do not see any use of this forum.
abandon all hope, ye who enter here..
Noble Sebastian
Frequent Advisor

Hi ,
We can do , but befre we run some script .

regards
Noble
Asif_8
Regular Advisor

Hi Nobel !

If yoy step by step what script you run?
and why you run this script what script do

asif
Ariel Cary
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

This is the general migration rule for exp/imp tasks. Use the lower exp version of the two databases. Then, imp back using the target database version. This will guarantee you won't get into compatibility issues.

e.g.
1. You want to go from 9i to 10g. Export (the 9i db) using 9i exp. Then, imp (into the 10g db) using 10g imp.

2. You want to go from 10g to 9i. Export (your 10g db) using 9i exp. Then, imp (into the 9i db) using the 9i imp.

HTH,

-Ariel
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi Asif,

as Ariel mentions in the previous post, you need to use the 9i executables to EXP the data and then again the 9i IMP to import the data in the target database.

e.g.
1. On the server that is running the 10g database, install the software for 9i (do not create the database)
NB. alternatively, if you have a fast network link, you can as well issue the EXP from the 9i host itself.

2. EXP the 10g database using the 9i EXP program

3. Transfer the DUMP files (or alternatively make it available on the 9i host through NFS)

4. On the 9i host, use IMP to import the database.

if you need more detailed information about the IMP and EXP commands, please do let us know.

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)