108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: deskpro ep ram

SOLVED
Go to solution
Scott Gasparick
Occasional Advisor

deskpro ep ram

I installed a 256 mb memory upgrade in the computer and "my computer" only finds 128 of it. If I clear the cmos, it only finds 128 when it ticks off. Under "system information" it lists the 256 and compaq "configuration record" in the control panel finds the 256 as well. The task manager only finds 128. If I add the original 128 to the second memory slot the places that listed 128 list 256 and the places listing 256 list 384. I updated the bios to v3.10 and it didn't make a difference.I initially thought the memory might be faulty, but it shouldn't find it anywhere then...???????? I am using windows xp...Also, will the board support the 1gz piii socket 370 coppermine? Serial # on case is 6031 FQX6 B757.
3 REPLIES 3
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Scott:

A search of HP's support website for "Deskpro EP" reveals the following:

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_lang=en&h_cc=us&cc=us&h_page=hpcomтМй=en&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_pagetype=software&h_query=deskpro+ep&submit.x=5&submit.y=3

Could you narrow it down by providing the full model info.

Thanks.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Scott Gasparick
Occasional Advisor

model is EPa/P667E/10b/9/128c
Thanks!
Scott
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor
Solution

Scott:

Here is a link to the Compaq Service Reference Guide:

http://h200007.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/UCR/SupportManual/TPM_225302-002/TPM_225302-002.pdf

Page 104 of that manual has the following information:

"The Intel 810 comes with at least 32 MB of SDRAM DIMMs, and the Intel 810e comes with
at least 64-MB of SDRAM DIMMs, upgradable to 512 MB.
The memory sockets on the system board can be populated with industry-standard DIMMs.
These memory module slots are populated by at least one preinstalled memory module. To
achieve the maximum memory support, you may be required to replace the preinstalled
DIMM with a higher capacity DIMM.
For proper system operation, the DIMMs must be industry standard 168-pin, 100 MHz,
unbuffered, PC100-compliant SDRAM DIMMs, depending on the model. The SDRAM
DIMMs must support CAS Latency 2 or 3 (CL = 2 or CL = 3). They must also contain the
mandatory Joint Electronic Device Engineering Council (JEDEC) Serial Presence Detect (SPD) information. DIMMs constructed with x4 SDRAM are not supported; the system will not start using unsupported DIMMs.
CAUTION: The DIMM sockets have gold metal contacts. When upgrading memory, it Is
important to use DIMMs with gold metal contacts (not tin-lead) to prevent corrosion
and/or oxidation resulting from having incompatible metals in contact with each other."

If you go here:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/Deskpro/us/family/model/1235.html

and select your OS, it will take you to a page where you can retrieve newer drivers etc. I suggest you try updating the BIOS and retry.

Hope this helps.

Make a great day!

Roger

Make a great day!

Roger