1752770 Members
5130 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

disk drive storage device options

j kubler
Frequent Advisor

disk drive storage device options

I have an rp5470 with 4 internal disk drives. Two drives are mirrored and two aren't. We had a disk go and the application was down. What options are available for mirroring the unmirrored drives? Some kind of external enclosure? VA7100 device?
3 REPLIES 3
piyush mathiya
Trusted Contributor

Re: disk drive storage device options

Jeff,
It doesnt matter that application is running or not, you can mirror any online disk too. Please use the atteched file, it is explaining all steps to do mirroring. . .

Regards,
Piyush Mathiya
Rasheed Tamton
Honored Contributor

You do not need any external devices for mirroring. You said that your two internal drives are already mirrored. Your application was down because the disk contained vg00 was faulty (go means faulty -I guess).

Since it was mirrored, it might have booted from the mirrored disk until you replaced the faulty one.

I would recommend creating a new volume group and LVs with the additional disks and mirror those.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

If your both other drives are used but not mirrored, you should consider to add external disks and mirror the internals to them.

You will probably find a VA only on the used market now - how about a small DS2120?

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/storage/disk_storage/disk_systems/ds2120/index.html

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!