Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download and install xpaint 2.5.7

Sheng Jin
Occasional Contributor

download and install xpaint 2.5.7

I downloaded xpaint sofkware pakage from
http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/X11/Drawing/xpaint-2.5.7/ on HP-UNIX 10.20. and I used 'swinstall' to successfully install all depots. When I tried to run "xpaint" I keep getting message like"/usr/lib/dld.sl: can't find path for shard library:libtiff.sl" and a core dump. I tried modifying the PATH enviroment and with no luck. What is the trick?
Like rowing upstream, not to advance is to drop back
3 REPLIES
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

Re: download and install xpaint 2.5.7

Did you install the dependencies that come with xpaint ? theres lots of them. Theyre all listed on the same webpage as where you got xpaint from. Download and install the dependencies first; jpeg, libpng, tiff, xpm, zlib
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

I see on a mirror site :

xpaint-2.5.7

X11 colour image editing program. It allows for the editing of multiple images simultaneously and supports various formats including PPM, XBM,
GIF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG and XPM (the latter 4 require the appropriate support library to be obtained and installed separately first) amongst
others.

So it looks like TIFF libs are needed and first ?

I also checked the Readme file :

The TIFF/JPEG/PNG libraries can be downloaded from
ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/{tiff,jpeg,png}.
libpng requires zlib, which is also in the png subdirectory.

Sheng Jin
Occasional Contributor

Thanks to you all, especially to Mr. Denver Osborn.
The 'xpaint' is somehow looking for /otp/tiff-3.4 but I have /opt/tiff-3.5

"ln -s /opt/tiff-3.5 /opt/tiff-3.4"
will do the trick
Like rowing upstream, not to advance is to drop back