108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: dvd drive

SOLVED
Go to solution
marvin mackey
Advisor

dvd drive

I hate to come back with the same problem,But I find that I have that same problem again,My dvd drive will not reconize that there is a disk in the bay.Yes the drive is ok,But there is something else wrong.PLEASE,help me with this.This time I will print out the instructions so I dont forget how to fix this problem,When it happens again.Marvin
10 REPLIES 10
Viktor V. Lubezniy
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Which operating system are you using?

Best regards,
Viktor V. Lubezniy
marvin mackey
Advisor

Hi vic, I'am using win98se marvin
Vibhor Kumar Agarwal
Esteemed Contributor

How about cleaning the lens of your dvd drive and cleaning the dvd itself by a soft cloth.
Vibhor Kumar Agarwal
marvin mackey
Advisor

I've tried that,But the drive will not reconize the cleaning disk in the bay yo start the process.marviin
marvin mackey
Advisor

I think that my problem might be that my computerdoesn't support the type of dvd,Just to be on the safe side here is it's nomoncation-super m ulti:dvd drie model gsa -4081b,dvd re-writable,Do you think that could be the problem?I still think it would work,But then I really dont know.It seem's that it would still rconize a disk in the bay.it is reconnized on the device manger,What do you think?My computer is a compaq en 6350/6 .4dom,p3
Viktor V. Lubezniy
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Does your drive recognize CD-ROM or CD-R disks, or problem is with DVD disks only?

Best regards,
Viktor V. Lubezniy
marvin mackey
Advisor

The drive doesn't reconize any disk, marvin
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Maybe your DVD drive is death. It worked before?. Did you replace something on your computer?

Do you see the DVD drive on "My computer"?

If you open your PC, and disconnect and connect disks, maybe you failed to connect the IDE cable or power cable.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
marvin mackey
Advisor

hello Ivan, Yes it did work, but nnoe it does't.I did have a cd-rw/dvd-rom drive.But I took it off, Yes on my device manger it shows the dvd drive that I'am having the problem with.And yes the ide cable is connected correct, thank you for your responce,I hope you can help, Marvin