Operating System - HP-UX
1751687 Members
5981 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ems system hardware monitoring (config addition and modification)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

ems system hardware monitoring (config addition and modification)

Hi all,
Before I wade through hundreds of pages of docs, I'd like to know where to focus an investigation into EMS, system monitoring.

I want to monitor disk hw, cpu etc and want to modify the configuration of error reporting through ems.. where do I do this.

Also, If some of my hw is not standard hp stuff how can I integrate it into ems..

Thanks,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
2 REPLIES 2
Sridhar Bhaskarla
Honored Contributor

I have been trying to get the answer for your question. Can we configure our own components to report through EMS?. I doubt it.

But there quite some monitors that are by default monitored. To get list of monitors and how they are doing, you can use the command

/etc/opt/resmon/lbin/moncheck

You can use the interactive command

/etc/opt/resmon/lbin/monconfig - to add/change the monitors.

-Sri

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor
Solution

Bill
To look at monitoring non-HP kit, you may want to take a look at the Event Monitoring Service Developer Kit, available for FREE at:
http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProducts.pl?group_type=category&group_name=HA

As far as changing the existing reporting for standard kit, I am unsure whether this can be done.
Melvyn
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!