Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

experiences with 2.6.*

Umapathy S
Honored Contributor

experiences with 2.6.*

Anybody flirted with the new stuff.
Any experience or suggestion are welcome.
And the warning skulls are more welcome.

Umapathy
Arise Awake and Stop NOT till the goal is Reached!
4 REPLIES
Martin P.J. Zinser
Honored Contributor

Re: experiences with 2.6.*

Hello Umapathy,

that was discussed very recently around here. Check http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=432112
for some opinions.

Greetings, Martin
Olivier Drouin
Trusted Contributor

From what I saw briefly on the kernel mailing-list the developers are quite happy with it. It shouldnt take as long as 2.4 to stabilize.
Umapathy S
Honored Contributor

Oops I missed that thread. Thanks Martin.

I have a laptop and its running 2.4.24. Planning to upgrade to 2.6.2. Before that I want to use all the devices in my system.

More comments please

Umapathy
Arise Awake and Stop NOT till the goal is Reached!
Don_89
Trusted Contributor

Fedora Core 2 Test 1 was released yesterday, it includes the 2.6.1 kernel along with Gnome 2.5 and KDE 3.2. I just got done installing it in VM-Ware and it came up ok except for the network card which I'm trying to fix..