1751976 Members
5075 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

failed to initialize this agent

sameerK
Frequent Advisor

failed to initialize this agent

I am trying to install HP UX mirrordisk/ux on my host server WFNode1.I checked swlist |grep mirror & did not get the list.So I believe I will have to install this s/w from OS CD. I put the os cd in the dvd & mounted the same on /dvd. I then used command swinstall -i to get interactive mode. The menu pops up to ask me to select taget path.. I give root path & select ok.I get message "failed to initialize this agent.Make sure the agent program exists on the host & can be exectuted".How do I check if the agent is installed /started & go ahead on this ?help much apreciated
5 REPLIES 5
Victor Fridyev
Honored Contributor

Re: failed to initialize this agent

Hi,

First of all, Mirror-UX requires a license and can not be installed from OS CD. This SW there is on one of Application CDs or Application DVD. You have to call your HPUX sales person and ask him about the license.
The problem with the agent is another one and can be resolved by restart of swagentd.

HTH
Entities are not to be multiplied beyond necessity - RTFM
sameerK
Frequent Advisor

hello Victor.We do have licenses.Can you let me know how to activate this license pls
RAC_1
Honored Contributor

swinstall -x codeword="license_code" -s /cdrom "online_jfs_product_name"
There is no substitute to HARDWORK
Victor Fridyev
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Also, after swagent restart, you can run
#> swinstall -s /cdrom
In Actions choose "Add new codeword"; from SW list choose Mirror-UX and install it.

HTH
Entities are not to be multiplied beyond necessity - RTFM
sameerK
Frequent Advisor

done! I restarted swagentd and added codes then i found the mirroring s/w listed & installed.. thnx for ur help