4513 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

fan control rpm DL320

Jeroen_D
Regular Advisor

fan control rpm DL320

Hi,

I have installed a special Linux version based on Red Hat 7.3 called SecurePlatform. It is a hardened version designed for firewallusage by Check Point.

The problem I have is that the server is making a lot of noise. I already lowered the fan speed in the BIOS to a reasonable rate but I am hoping I can lower it even more.

What is the specific rpm package for fan speed control ? I cannot use any rpm that requires gtk libraries as these were stripped. I do not have a graphical user interface so no libraries for that are available.

TIA,
Jeroen.
3 REPLIES 3
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

Re: fan control rpm DL320

There is the HPASM packages of which allow you to control various aspects of Proliant hardware. Look into those first.
One long-haired git at your service...
Jeroen_D
Regular Advisor

I checked the xml-files that are located and named after the rpm's. The ASM files might be the right ones but I am missing libraries.

I think my only option is the BIOS fan speed, since I do not have and cannot install gtk-libraries.

Thanks for your input.

Best regards,
Jeroen.
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

Those RPM's shouldn't need GTK installed on the machine, and should install cleanly. Did you try it?

What libraries are missing, and what errors did you get when you installed them?
One long-haired git at your service...