New Discussion юеВ

fbackup 1421

SOLVED
Go to solution
grace white
Advisor

fbackup 1421

Hi

I have a problem with my backup history error 1421. The fbackup has not been set via sam and calls several config files the graph and fbackup_config which contains the following:

blocksperrecord 128
records 32
checkpointfreq 256
readerprocesses 2
maxretries 0
retrylimit 5000000
maxvoluses 100

I have looked in the /etc/sam/br_log which contains information up until June which is about when the problem appeared.

Can anyone advise me if I rename this and create a new br_log will this cure the problem?

Grace
UNIX/ORACLE DBA
6 REPLIES 6
Chris Wilshaw
Honored Contributor

Re: fbackup 1421

Grace,

Looking at this link,

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xab988d77ef20d411b66300108302854d,00.html

It appears that you may just be able to rename the log for the graph file to resolve the problem (if the rename doesn't work on its own, you'll need to remove and re-add the backup).
grace white
Advisor

Thanks for getting back to me but i get the message :

fbackup(1421): no history is available for graph file /var/backup/graph_daily (below level 0)

rather than there error message:
(1421) no profile history is available for graph file
/etc/sam/br/graphQeAa03524

could you please explain

thanks
Grace
UNIX/ORACLE DBA
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor

Hi

Try removing and recreating the device files;

steve STEEL
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
Chris Wilshaw
Honored Contributor
Solution

Grace,

There's no particular problem with the file name (they're just using a different location).

If you rename /var/backup/graph_daily to /var/backup/graph_daily.save, then try again, the error may vanish.

If not, you'll need to remove the current backup entry from sam, then add it back in again.

Darren Prior
Honored Contributor

Hi Grace,

The error 1421 is likely to be caused by fbackup not being able to write into the file /var/adm/fbackupfiles/dates. Check that the dir /var/adm/fbackupfiles exists and is writeable.

If you're not using SAM, or br_backup (which is a backup script used by SAM) then it's unlikely that you'll be using br_log. Are you using fbackup directly from the command line, or perhaps in a script? If so, then it would be useful to capture the info into your own log.

regards,

Darren.
Calm down. It's only ones and zeros...
grace white
Advisor

Hi Darren

Thanks that has worked.

Grace
UNIX/ORACLE DBA