108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

fbackup - frecover problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sergio E. Peralta

fbackup - frecover problem

Hi,
We made a fbackup of a system using an external raid. This external raid has two disk
/dev/dsk/c1t6d0 and /dev/dsk/c1t5d0

As the RAID system failed we starting use two internal wide SCSI disk
/dev/dsk/c0t6d0 and /dev/dsk/c0t5d0
the problem we have is that the volume group vg00 is referencing to the old disks. /etc/lvmtab.
ant we the system start the savecore fails too.
I don't know if there is other application proccess who references directly to the hardware devices.
Can someone giveme some advice with this problem?
Thanks
Sergio
6 REPLIES 6
Vincenzo Restuccia
Honored Contributor

Re: fbackup - frecover problem

Try :
#mv /etc/lvmtab /etc/lvmtab.old
#vgscan -v
Sergio E. Peralta

Hello,
Thanks for your help. Reading other messages I found your solution will work for the VG problem. I going to try your solution in a an hour , but for saving time Is this solution going to solve the other problem? ie: references for savecore? and all other application, proccesses (if there are) wich are referencing to these devices?
Thanks
Sergio
Sergio E. Peralta

Hi,
I tryed your suggestion and now the command lvdisplay works properly, but there is an starting problem yet.
When the system startup the savecore commands fail

# savecore
savecore: open failed /dev/dsk/c1t6d0: No such device or address
savecore: could not open dump

who can I solve this error? Can be others proccess wich are still referencing to c1txd0
Regards
Sergio
Klaus Crusius
Trusted Contributor

On HPUX11
man -k dump | grep crash.
That will lead you to crashconf(1M).
crashconf -v will tell you which dump device is used, and you can change that to your new disk.
There is a live before death!
Sergio E. Peralta

I should have written this before...
This is an HP-UX 10.20

Alan Riggs
Honored Contributor
Solution

lvlnboot -v will show you where your configured boot, swap and dump devices are pointing. You remove entries with lvrmboot and add them with lvlnboot.

Anything pointing to the old disks (like your dump device, apparently) will need to be repointed. Do man pages on each comand before playing. In particular, make sure you understand the difference between a boot volume (/stand) and root volume (/).