1753913 Members
8350 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: frozen links

christy_6

frozen links

my explorer browser and outlook email has recently started freezing up on me when I go to click on certain links. I cannot click on any link contained in an email anymore. My browser does this also... not on every link, but enough to annoy me. I never had this problem before. Maybe this is a preference somewhere? Suggestions? Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
John Collier
Esteemed Contributor

Christy,

Not to be rude, but some information would be extremely helpful in this situation.

What OS?
What browser version?
What version of Outlook?
How long is 'recently'?
What virus protection software are you using and when was the last time it was updated?
Have you installed any new hardware lately?
Have you installed any new software lately?

Based on what I see from you so far, I can only guess at the cause. Could you please provide us with more information to assist us in assisting you?

Thanks
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." Stephen Krebbet, 1793-1855
christy_6

What browser version? 6.0.2600.0
What version of Outlook? Outlook Express 6
How long is 'recently'? 2 weeks
What virus protection software are you using and when was the last time it was updated?
Mcafee Virus Scan, which automatically checks for updates. I put it on about 3 months ago.
Have you installed any new hardware lately?
An Epson Stylus C60 printer, DSL modem from Earthlink, Zip 100 drive
Have you installed any new software lately?
Earthlink TotalAccess 2003, Adobe Reader 6,

thanks