1753720 Members
5203 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

generate library causes "ld: Can't find library or mismatched ABI for -lsql9"

Mara_4

generate library causes "ld: Can't find library or mismatched ABI for -lsql9"

Hello!
I am trying to generate library libclntsh.sl.9.0 through genclntsh script. However, it doesn't work and the error is "ld: Can't find library or mismatched ABI for -sql9".
I have HP-UX B11.23, i64.
I have already set SHLIB_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH perfectly. I don't know what else to do.
Also, in my make.log, there are logs like:
(Bundled) cc:warning 922: "+Olibmerrno" is unsupported in the bundled compiler, ignored"...
Has anyone seen anything similar? How can i solve it?
Regards, Mara
4 REPLIES 4
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor

Re: generate library causes "ld: Can't find library or mismatched ABI for -lsql9"

Hi

Bundled suggests that you are using the wrong compiler. The bundled c compiler is to allow the system to build kernels and not a full ansi-c or c++ compiler

This would explain your errors

go to
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechDocumentDetailPage_IDX/1,1701,2504,00.html

Get a eal compiler

Steve Steel
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Re: generate library causes "ld: Can't find library or mismatched ABI for -lsql9"

Mara,
I think using a proper compiler may be the answer.
metalink 176543.1 states problem is caused by using an uncertified compiler.

Bundled cc is only for kernel compiles.

Regards
Mara_4

Ok, but this would explain the make.log error.
How about the ld error?
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi mara,

try to setting the enviroment variable SHLIB_PATH to $ORACLE_HOME/lib instead of $ORACLE_HOME/lib64

regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)