1752590 Members
2951 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: genhdlist?

Michael Aos
Advisor

genhdlist?

For RedHat 6.0, 6.1, 6.2 and 7.0, we've modified base/comps to add a new "bundle" definition. This allows custom builds with only the necessary RPM's. It's worked quite well in the past. Just run genhdlist afterword and life is good.

As of 7.1, when I run 'genhdlist', it just zero's base/hdlist, then gives me an error 'open: File or directory not found".

I have no idea what it's complaining about. The syntax of the command doesn't appear to have changed, and I'm doing it EXACTLY the same as the previous releases.

Ideas?

Mike
3 REPLIES 3
Vincenzo Restuccia
Honored Contributor
Michael Aos
Advisor

Vince,
Thanks for the URL. It just details the location of 'genhdlist' for RedHat 7.0. Already been there, done that. 7.0 acted basically the same as 6.0, 6.1 and 6.2 -- they just moved genhdlist.

The problem with 7.1 is that 'genhdlist' doesn't work. It exists in the same place as 7.0, but it simply zero's base/hdlist. If I NFS-mount my 7.1 distribution on a 7.0 box, and run 'genhdlist' against it, I get a base/hdlist, but 7.1 doesn't like it.

Anyone else tried to incorporate the 7.1 updates in a distribution or build a custom distribution of 7.1?

Mike
Michael Aos
Advisor

Turns out I had a symlink in my RedHat/RPMS dir that went nowhere.

Fixed that, and 'genhdlist' is working again.