5275 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: help with installing all-in-wonder ve on compaq presario 5000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Shannon_20

help with installing all-in-wonder ve on compaq presario 5000

I was so excited to get the all-in-wonder graphics card but i feel like i've tried everything and just can't get it to work! (I have windows xp)I disabled the intel graphics controller in the device manager and when i installed the graphics card...i get nothing! A black screen! Then I tried uninstalling the onboard graphics driver and still nothing. I went into the cmos and there isn't an option to disable the onboard graphics. All you can do is change the irq # to 3, 5 or 11. I have a 810 intel chipset. The intel website says that i should be able to disable it or use it as secondary but I've tried what they've recommended with no luck. Any ideas??? Please help!!
5 REPLIES 5
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Shannon:

With a quick look at ATI's website, I couldn't find an Allin Wonder - ve. There was a TV Wonder - ve. Is that what you have?
I have an ATI TV Wonder and Windows XP and had a lot of difficulty getting it working. Don't even try unless you've got the latest Windows XP fixes, as well as the latest drivers and software from ATI's website (www.ati.com).

HTH

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

One more thing, let us know exactly which model of 5000 you have (it's on a sticker somewhere on the machone, usually) and we'll see if there's a BIOS upgrade. Also, www.intel.com may have some helpful chipset drivers/software.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Shannon_20

I have all the latest Windows XP fixes. The model # of my presario is 5BW250.
The page that the all-in-wonder ve (5th one down) is on the ati site:

http://buy.ati.com/shopati/find.asp?find%5Fcategory=AP&find%5Fdescription=Products&find%5Fpart%5Fdesc=&country=USA

This model is supposed to be the latest pci version of the all-in-wonder card with the most updated drivers, software, etc. But i haven't got as far as installing the driver. How did you get yours to work?
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor
Solution

Shannon:

Sorry for adding to the confusion. I guess yours is referred to as an "All-in-wonder Radeon VE". Here's the link you need. Be patient and follow each step carefully and you should be OK. http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonopt-xp.html?type=xp&prodType=mmтИП=aiwWINXPdriver&submit.x=15&submit.y=5

Good luck!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Shannon_20

Actually, I finally got it working!! I found a couple updates for my chipset that I hadn't installed yet and it worked like a charm!!! Thanks so much for your help!