4035 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: how can I determine my deskpro series

newton_3
Occasional Contributor

how can I determine my deskpro series

Please my compaq pc have got only
COMPAQ DESKPRO inscribed infornt of it, plz how can see the series type of my deskpro.
It processing speed is 400mhz, has a riser slot which accommodates the 10pin connector of the power supply, an audio socket, IDE and FDD connectors and the expansion slots. The pc is in desktop form.
Then what should i do when I boot my my compaq deskpro and nothing comes on the screen.
When it happend I swapped the Ram, CPU and all removal parts with another system which all worked.
But the original system does not display anything.
What can be the possible cause, how do I solve this problem. Try and help me solve this problem.
Hey thanks for your co-operation
7 REPLIES 7
Ganesh Babu
Honored Contributor

u have the serial number??

Ganesh
Ganesh Babu
Honored Contributor

because if u have the serial number u can find the model information

from this site

http://h71025.www7.hp.com/support/parts/hwlookup.asp

also there is an autodetect option to find your serial number..

Check this out..

Ganesh
newton_3
Occasional Contributor

Plz I am a young pc technician and someone has brought his compaq deskpro system to me for repairs, it is facing the problem I gave in the previous email, but the documentation is lost so I don't know the serial number and also the BIOS version.
Is there any way I bring the system back to wworking again
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Newton:

Have you checked every label/sticker on the system for model and/or serial number (S/N)?

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Rudy_8
Honored Contributor

There are but two

Compaq Deskpro EN desktop PC 6400

Compaq Deskpro EN desktop PC 6400c

based on there being a 400mhz cpu presumably OEM.

NOW....at the top of this page you will see a TAB marked "support and drivers"....use it and enter that model number ...hint: If you enter only the Deskpro EN a list will appear and you may scroll down and select.

Now you can get to many pages...troubleshooting, drievrs, etc. This will help.

Now you have enough info to post over on the business forum hardware pages....start your journey by clicking the link on left column "maintenance and support for..."

You are looking for the forum link (or you could use google...enter HP business forums)

Sorry this is no direct way...I am a volunteer and not in cahrge.

Please read forum guidelines as regards points awards (your registration is valid on the bizforum also ) and respind accordingly here and there as well. Good luck!
I do not need to know everything. I just need to know where to go to get the information.
Bruno Ganino
Honored Contributor

Hi Newton
http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/reference/idhware.htm

Bruno
Torino (Turin) +2H
Rudy_8
Honored Contributor

Seems with have lost this fellow but wanted to amend my post.

I did not include the SFF notation as he noted his was a "desktop". That was an assumption on my part.

There is also an EP model 6400 suffic "c"....I think that was Small Form Factor also so not included.

I hope he did not lose his job...most difficult to work on something blind, no documentation, etc. I wish him success.
I do not need to know everything. I just need to know where to go to get the information.