Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i find out..cpus and disks

SOLVED
Go to solution
mw_4
Frequent Advisor

how can i find out..cpus and disks

can you help me?
how many disks and cpus dose linux box has?
how can I find out?
Step by step
2 REPLIES
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: how can i find out..cpus and disks

To find out how many CPU's a given system has, you can look at '/var/log/dmesg', or simply look in '/proc/cpuinfo'.

Both should state how many CPU's you have in your system.

As for Disk, the '/var/log/dmesg' file should show how many individual disks are in the system that arn't in a hardware RAID array (look for entries that start with 'hd' or ' sd').

If you are using Hardware RAID however, you will need to look at the RAID controller's BIOS (if it doesn't have available Linux utilities).
One long-haired git at your service...
Mike Brown_3
Frequent Advisor

Re: how can i find out..cpus and disks

Check out;
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,11866,0x1f92abe92dabd5118ff10090279cd0f9,00.html

The perl script mentioned is a useful one to have.
There's no substitute for experience