mount: RPC: Timed out

what is the problem..?
Step by step
5 REPLIES 5
Ramkumar Devanathan
Honored Contributor

Re: how to configure nfs client

Hi,

Is the nfs service/daemon running on spa?

Try this on your nfs server spa -

# exportfs

The above command will show the list of exported shares. Also, check if nfs is running, by grepping for nfsd in the process listing. also grep for rpc.statd, rpc.mountd and lockd. If all these are running, then your nfs and related services are running just fine. of course all this assuming you have installed nfs-utils package. For other packages names of the daemons may differ slightly.

If everything is fine on your nfs server, try this on your nfs client cclub -

# showmount -e spa

this will tell you whether the exported shares are in fact available to you.

If everything is fine run the same mount command above once again. you should be fine.

HTH,
- ramd.
HPE Software Rocks!
Goran Koruga
Honored Contributor

Check that you have all the required daemons running on the server and that client can actually access them (i.e. hosts.allow / firewall).

The following is a list of daemons needed on server side : rpc.nfsd, rpc.lockd, rpc.lockd and rpc.mountd (rpc.quotad as well if you need that). Consult NFS HOWTO for details.

For the client, you'll need portmapper too. rpc.statd and rpc.lockd are needed for locking.

G.

Goran Koruga
Honored Contributor

Check that you have all the required daemons running on the server and that client can actually access them (i.e. hosts.allow / firewall).

The following is a list of daemons needed on server side : rpc.nfsd, rpc.lockd, rpc.lockd and rpc.mountd (rpc.quotad as well if you need that). Consult NFS HOWTO for details.

For the client, you'll need portmapper too. rpc.statd and rpc.lockd are needed for locking.

G.

Balaji N
Honored Contributor

spare some time to read this. and if u have any doubts still, then ask

http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto/

hth
-balaji
Its Always Important To Know, What People Think Of You. Then, Of Course, You Surprise Them By Giving More.
Ramkumar Devanathan
Honored Contributor

mw,

Is your problem solved now? let us know please.

- ramd.
HPE Software Rocks!