1753288 Members
5420 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hp & xp???

cadee
Occasional Contributor

hp & xp???

I am trying to install and operate hp 315 digital camera and hp scanjet 3400c scanner and it just does not seem to be working with windows xp pro. Everything installs properly and and both are recognized, however, when I go to use them when plugged into the USB ports its like the connection is not being recognized. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

Re: hp & xp???

Hello,

Is your USB enabled in the BIOS? if yes is your BIOS updated. DO you have the latest SP and hot fixes installed? Is your drivers updated and supported by XP.

Please post your Model to find the BIOS update for you.

Thanks.
"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
cadee
Occasional Contributor

Re: hp & xp???

I did check the BIOS and all the ports are enabled. I think I figured out the problem though. Win xp Prof has new drivers in it for my HP 315 camera. So I had to go through the add new hardware wizard and not use the disk that came with my camera. The scanner on the other hand needed new drivers for xp with I found on the the HP website. www.hp.com. Thanks for the reply back. This forum is very helpful.

Cadee