1748078 Members
5509 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp freezing

Joshua_9

hp freezing

my hp freezes 2-3 times a day. I have installed numerous operating systems that did not help, I currently run XP Pro, and I have my settings like you recommended. It has no effect. I think these processors are over heating too fast, and we all got screwd. I personally won't buy a new processor for this crappy PC or another HP. I would love to know if I am wrong and there is a way to fix though, so bring on the knowledge!!!!
2 REPLIES 2
Bill Nichols
Frequent Advisor

Changing an OS isn't going to help freezing if it's hardware-related, which is my guess based on what I know about several HP models. Without at least a little info on your system, that's about all I can do -- guess. What box are you running, have you added/replaced any hardware, & has the system always acted like this or just started it recently?

Bill
"Cheap is good; free is better."
DALE KING
Regular Advisor

Changing the OS isn't going to help if it is hardware related. But when you did change the OS did you format the drive first and start clean? If you think it is overheating, try installing an additional case fan. You might open the case and set a fan on the side of the case to blow directly over the hard drive area and see what happens. After shutting down the system - if you feel the heat sink next to the CPU is it HOT! Are the memory cards Hot? I had a customer having the exact same problems and I reformatted her hard drive and reinstalled everything and since then she has not had any problems. Have you checked to make sure there are not bad clusters on your hard drive? Files may be storing in bad clusters.