1753393 Members
6956 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hp_ux 11.0 operarting system CD box

Jennifer Lam
Advisor

hp_ux 11.0 operarting system CD box

I have an old pack of hp-ux operating system with a date show on the box is june 2003, but I found out inside there are the following CD come with a different date:
hp-ux 11.00 "install/update/recovery" & "support plus" with the date is march 2003
hp-ux 11.00 "core os options" with the date is december 2002
Would you let me know, why it has different date on CDs & the box, is any problem with a different date on CDs, so can I use this package to build a Unix system?
Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: hp_ux 11.0 operarting system CD box

Jennifer,

It should make very little difference what the date of the CDs is. After you install the base and applications, you'll want to install up-to-date patch bundles anyway and that will fill in anything missing.

By the way, if you can, I would recommend going for 11i rather than 11.0.

Pete

Pete
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Re: hp_ux 11.0 operarting system CD box

Hi Jennifer,

I just checked several different bundles of my June '03 release CD sets & none of them had an 11.0 Install disk, but the Mar '03 & Sept '03 did. So this leads me to the conclusion that HP did not release a June '03 11.0 Install CD.
This is not uncommon - especially when it's not the "current" release version.
If you must install 11.0 (And I agree with Pete, you ought to use 11.11 if you can) just install the Mar '03 CD & immediately install the latest 11.0 QPK & HWE bundles to get up to date. They're available from HP to download.

Also be aware that all the *new* rpXXXX systems only support 11.11 (11i)

HTH,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!