Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hpasm

hpasm

Is it necessary to reinstall hpasm after a kernel upgrade? I'm using the latest hpasm (hpasm-7.1.1-87.rhel.i386.rpm). I think you had to using prior releases of hpasm, but the latest release does not have any kernel dependancies so one would think you don't have to reinstall hpasm-7.1.1-87.rhel.i386.rpm after a kernel upgrade. Anyone?

-Brian
3 REPLIES
HGN
Honored Contributor

Re: hpasm

Hi

There is no need to re install the hpasm after the kernel update. We have updated the kernel on few servers but not re-installed hpasm or any other rpm's.

Rgds

HGN
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

HPASM re-compiles it's self upon reboot if the kernel modules don't exist for the current kernel revision.

You just have to make sure you install the kernel-source when you update kernels.
One long-haired git at your service...

Thanks guys,

-Brian